Site of present Frentz and Sons Hardware, March 14, 1939. The view is looking east across Main Street to the hardware. A Kroger (grocery) store on the left is now gone, to make way for the Catalpa extension around to Gardenia. A poultry store stands on the right - "live and dressed" chickens - "1008 Kellough". Streetcar tracks can be seen in Main Street, along with the spur that ran west into Catalpa - see another image that shows a streetcar waiting there. Thanks to Frentz & Sons Hardware for use of the photograph.
Back to Historic Images Index